Pages

Popular Posts

Friday 2 August 2013

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and concealer

People have raved about this foundation and concealer for a long time by now and I knew that they wede a popular duo but I never managed to own them myself. So, a while ago I popped into Superdrug to buy the products and tried them on afterwards and I thought that I'd share with you my oppinion on both the foundation and concealer seperately.

Foundation - to start off with, this foundation has a really nice scent which makes it even nicer to apply to your skin I think, and it's a very fresh smell that matches nicely with the foundation itself. As it's title says, it really does make your skin look more awake and natural, also giving it that glow you always want everyday to make you look alive, especially in the mornings. This has medium coverage which is good for people who don't really need that much coverage and have nice skin anyway, but I find that it can be too light for me on bad skin days and it might for you to. Sometimes, on hot summer days especially, it's like it doesn't want to stay in it's place and by the end of the day it's almost as if you never put it on in the first place, but I know that a lot of foundations do that as well which is a shame really. Despite some flaws, overall I give this foundation an 8 out of 10 because it gives you a healthy finish and makes you look alive and nice.

Concealer - this concealer acts like the foundation and makes you look lively and awake, but I honestly don't think that it covers blemishes and redness as good as I expected it to. Whenever I have that occasional nasty blemish and want to cover it up, no matter how much conealer I put on it it doesn't manage to make it look like it's disappeared which I know that we all want. It does most of the job neatly, but after a long day it seems like that blemish or redness has taken over and pushes the concealer off which is a problem, but you can always top up because it's size is suitable for a handbag or purse. Overall, I'd give this a 5 out of 10 because I personally don't think that it does the job as well as I hoped it would, but it still manages to cover up most of my flaws which is why I give it a 5.

I'm going to repurchase the Wake Me Up foundation but I think it's time to say goodbye to the concealer I'm afraid! I hope this review helped you in some way and I'm thinking of doing more of these in fhe future! Thank you, goodbyeee! X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review not tried either yet but will definitely try the foundation.
    Good luck on your blogging journey and look forward to reading future posts
    Your first followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :') I'm glad you liked it :') x

      Delete